The chemical reactions taking place in the stomach have far-reaching effects on the mind. No wonder that certain foods are considered good for a healthy mind. Similarly, certain food types may also influence the rate and extent of absorption of drugs by the body.
Fast-paced lifestyle, along with stress, violence and poverty, has led to the rise in diagnoses related to various mental illnesses, feel experts. According to a report in The Washington Post, the World Health Organization (WHO) has predicted depression could jump from the fourth leading cause of death and disability to second place by 2020. Read more
- Michigan says no to medical marijuana for anxiety and depressionThursday, July 12, 2018 - 5:48 am
- Percy Harvin talks about his anxietyThursday, July 5, 2018 - 10:55 pm
- Men’s Health Month: Virtual visits getting popular among young men with mental problemsThursday, June 21, 2018 - 8:29 pm
- California ER doctor suspended for rebuking basketball player suffering from anxiety attackWednesday, June 20, 2018 - 8:18 pm
- Anxiety after menopause increases chance of bone injuries, says studyWednesday, June 20, 2018 - 8:04 pm
Sovereign Health Group is a residential rehabilitation treatment provider that has programs and services devoted to mental health conditions. To learn more about our continuum of care, speak with one of our expert treatment consultants and begin the journey to recovery today!
Live Admission Specialist 24/7
Questions? Ask a Live Chat representative