The repercussions of experiencing a traumatic event, such as the 9/11 terrorist attacks or a personal loss, can be tough to deal with. Apart from having to deal with the trauma related to the incident, sometimes the person experiences unusual feelings such as incident-related flashbacks, nightmares or intrusive memories further which exaggerate the problem. Read more
Dementia is a progressive disease, most commonly seen in the elderly. This cognitive disorder is characterized by a significant decline in memory and thinking skills that weakens a person’s ability to perform daily tasks. Though dementia is not a disease in itself, it is still the most feared illness due to an array of degenerative symptoms associated with it. Realizing the severity of disability caused by the disease, scientists have been constantly looking for drugs to check its progression.
Exercising is beneficial not just for the body, but also for the mind. And to reinforce this fact, a recent study has revealed that exercising during 40s and 50s could help in preventing brain shrinkage in later life, thus helping to check dementia and memory loss. Read more
- Michigan says no to medical marijuana for anxiety and depressionThursday, July 12, 2018 - 5:48 am
- Percy Harvin talks about his anxietyThursday, July 5, 2018 - 10:55 pm
- Men’s Health Month: Virtual visits getting popular among young men with mental problemsThursday, June 21, 2018 - 8:29 pm
- California ER doctor suspended for rebuking basketball player suffering from anxiety attackWednesday, June 20, 2018 - 8:18 pm
- Anxiety after menopause increases chance of bone injuries, says studyWednesday, June 20, 2018 - 8:04 pm
Sovereign Health Group is a residential rehabilitation treatment provider that has programs and services devoted to mental health conditions. To learn more about our continuum of care, speak with one of our expert treatment consultants and begin the journey to recovery today!
Live Admission Specialist 24/7
Questions? Ask a Live Chat representative