Many homeless people hide from the eyes of the world. They shuffle quietly through the streets by day, talking to their voices only when they think nobody is looking and they live in shelters or abandoned buildings at night. Some shelters become known as havens for these mentally ill wanderers and take on the appearance of a hospital psychiatric ward. Others live in the woods on the outskirts of cities, under bridges, and even in the tunnels that carry subway trains beneath cities. They are ghosts to the majority of society and, as a result, there are many more people with untreated severe psychiatric illnesses living on America’s streets than are receiving care in hospitals.
- Michigan says no to medical marijuana for anxiety and depressionThursday, July 12, 2018 - 5:48 am
- Percy Harvin talks about his anxietyThursday, July 5, 2018 - 10:55 pm
- Men’s Health Month: Virtual visits getting popular among young men with mental problemsThursday, June 21, 2018 - 8:29 pm
- California ER doctor suspended for rebuking basketball player suffering from anxiety attackWednesday, June 20, 2018 - 8:18 pm
- Anxiety after menopause increases chance of bone injuries, says studyWednesday, June 20, 2018 - 8:04 pm
Sovereign Health Group is a residential rehabilitation treatment provider that has programs and services devoted to mental health conditions. To learn more about our continuum of care, speak with one of our expert treatment consultants and begin the journey to recovery today!
Live Admission Specialist 24/7
Questions? Ask a Live Chat representative